The Barn Hive is an attractive and versatile beekeeping box. It fits on top of a standard Langstroth box and under a 5-frame nuc box. The Barn Hive has 3 compartments, or bays. The center bay holds 5 deep frames. Side bays act as in-hive feeder and storage.
- Watch the colony as it grows through the observation window.
- Feed bees without disturbing the winter cluster using side feeder bay
- Produce honeycomb in deep frames. The 5-frame bay dimensions reduce the area and cause bees to produce comb in the corners of the frame.
- Start packages
- Make splits
- Catch swarms
- Mate queens
- Use as an insulating lid to winter bees.
- Feeder tray bay is caulked and the walls are textured.
- Feeder comes with wooden float (bee life raft).
- Storage bay is about 2″ x 5″ x 18″
- Comes with 5 deep middle bar frames.